Our weekly 11am morning service in St Luke’s School has now resumed. However, in line with government guidance and legislation there are many changes to our gatherings for the foreseeable future, and all worshippers will need to observe the following guidelines in order to keep things as safe as possible.
- If any of the following apply please do NOT attend church …
- you or anyone in your household has COVID symptoms (new continuous cough, high temperature, loss or change in sense of taste or smell)
- you or anyone in your household have been requested to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace
- you or anyone in your household have recently returned from abroad (except for countries on the government’s list of exempt countries)
- It will be mandatory to wear a face covering while in the building – except children under 11 or those with a legitimate reason for not wearing one. Please bring your own face covering each time you attend and make sure it fits well and covers both mouth and nose. A supply of disposable face masks is available if you forgot yours.
- Church bibles will not be available so please consider bringing your own.
- In cooler weather you may want to bring an extra layer to wear inside as we will have windows and doors open for ventilation.
- Please plan to arrive at the school no earlier than 10.40am and no later than 11.00am.
- Please queue outside the entrance door, keeping a distance of 2m at all times between people from other households.
- You will be asked for the name and phone number of 1 person from each household in case we need it for the NHS Test and Trace service.
- On entry to the school building you should either wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap, or use the hand sanitiser that will be provided
- You will then be shown to an allocated seat or group of seats. Once seated please remain seated and maintain 2m physical distance with people from other households at all times.
- We hope to resume Junior Church and Pathfinders in the Autumn but for now children must stay with and be supervised by their parents throughout the service.
- Congregational singing will not be permitted for the time being.
IMPORTANT – Confirming your attendance!
- For the time being we will be limiting the number who can attend each service to around 40 people.
- If you wish to attend on a Sunday please contact our Administrator using the form on our Contact Us page before 3pm on the Saturday, and let us know how many from your household will be coming.
- Places will be booked on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If you turn up without having booked we may have to refuse admission if we are full.
Once we have established what will be possible from the school we will continue to make video or audio recordings of our services available, either live or shortly afterwards, for those who are not able to attend our physical gatherings on Sundays . Please check here or on our Facebook page for further details.
Please also feel free to contact the Vicar if you wish to enquire about booking a baptism, wedding or funeral.
If you are facing hardship
If you have an urgent need as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, please feel free to get in touch. We can’t promise to be able to do everything, but we can pray, and will also try and do what we can as a church to help you as we follow the command of Jesus to love our neighbour as he has loved us.